Thursday, July 21, 2011

Self- entitlement

I have observed the behaviors of my generation a great deal. You see, I am more of a watcher than someone who is oblivious to the world around them. In these times of desperation and social economic strife, I find it absolutely hilarious how these oblivious people of my generation have these grandeur ideas of self-entitlement. Can't say I blame them, our whole lives we were told "go to college and get a "good" job." As recent graduates venturing off into the world of the unknown, we find that the "good job" is no longer in existence. Now trapped with financial debt and no opportunities, the self-entitlement soon becomes a harsh reality and self-doubt soon begins to kick in. The problem lies in when we rest on our laurels and become stubborn to the idea that we need to take the bull by the horns in order to be successful. Sometime people forget that the easy way out will bring a sense of instant gratification, but in the long run, they could soon realize and start to resent their decision of not taking a chance. Eleanore Roosevelt once said, "the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." To me it seems that most people have taken a more practical approach instead of something more imaginative and daring. Now days people tend to gravitate towards practical jobs that will pay their bills. However, does that make someone truly happy? I mean how many nurses do we fucking need? Are these people actually happy? And what kind of positive output do these people exude while doing such a public service? These are questions I ask myself while I am trying to figure our myself and what I want, and the impact my dreams will have on society.

No comments:

Post a Comment