Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is Facebook the new creepy time machine?

Alright, so like ten years ago I went to my mom's friends wedding. There was an eleavator (I was a freshman in high school) and there was this first hot make out session. I'd have to say for a "first" it was pretty, well, wild. Hands were plastering against the walls of the elevator, the mirror images reflecting off the elevator panels, made the experience all the more intense. So, you can just imagine what happened for two floors. Anyway, I calculated that I was probably about 14-15 years old and probably never kissed a boy. It was probably the easiest thing I had ever had to do with a man, to be quite honest. Simple,virgin, straight to the point, never see him again( its been like ten years)...or so I thought. Randomly, this dude picks me out of facebook...the message on my acceptance page stated the following, "So, we met at like a wedding ten years ago do you remember me? You, me and the Elevator...". Dude, I may have thought of you like, once in the past ten years, yeah actually, I think it was the other day. I said to myself, "oh yeah, that dude in the elevator."and even when I said that, did I seek it out? No, however, this weird married man decided to...weird. Not to mention he tried the whole chatting thing right away, woah buddy, slow it down. Which leads me to my next question, is facebook the new medium to dig up that awkward past? The past that no one really wants to relive, except for that one flash back every ten years.
The answer is simply yes, yes and yes! People have become some consumed with facebook and its social networking opportunities. With the vast social community at one's fingertips, its hard not to dig up a little something now and then. However, is this even a healthy thing to do? Once we start to dig, are we more incline to keep going? In some cases people need to realize, what was in the past needs to stay there. To be quite honest, sometimes it can get a little...creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment