Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Rise and Fall I Guess...

So, the other day at work (all blogs will most likely start like this) I had this wonderful Irish family sitting at my table. The parents were practically right off the boat and the son was very hot. With accents and blue eyes flying around, I started to get quite interested. I came back to the table with their price fixed lobster dinners and noticed their son had vacted to the restroom. The mom turned to me and said, "he went looking for you (wink) (wink)..." Wow, really, ok....why had his mom just asked me out for her son? Was this new dating thing of my generation? Hot men with foreign parents pimping out their son? It took me a couple of minutes to recover from the fact that, I had just been manhandled by a straight up, Irish Mam.
After that I kind of just steered clear from that table...

Then a day later I'm driving down a highway and there is this dude in a truck. The truck starts to creepily slow down in sync with my little cabrio. I'm thinking to myself "oh my god what the fuck?" , then the truck starts to beep and I'm like "seriously dude, not fucking going there you weirdo...". I get up all my anger ready to flash him my middle signal and it turns out its a friend from college and a cute one at that...all smiling at me and waving mouthing (what are you doing this weekend??) at me. Apparently, he'd been trying to catch my attention for awhile and all the time I'd thought he was this gross construction worker or something.

Now, if a girl had to choose, which scenario do you think would be more appealing? I'm almost positive that it would be numero dos, I mean women like spontaneous romantic interlude, we want to have those stories of how it "happened" stories. However, there are still those people who like the more traditional/automatic in with the family approach. Admit it,for some people. having that acceptance from family straight off the bat, could really take the edge off. Personally, I would like to hold off on that step as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment