Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Writer Writes Always

In high school I had this teacher for my creative writting class, "A writer writes always." He'd use to say at the beginning of each class. It is now eight years later and I finally consider myself a true writer. As of right now I write about what I know and what I observe in my own life. Writing kind of puts everything into perspective, if I'm uncertain or emotional, each word that I put to paper paints the "bigger" picture. I let the words flow out of my finger tips, like the river flows into the sea and I feel as though I can better understand myself. It is kind of like painting a picture, if you think about it too much it can look like a huge mess, but if you take couple minutes and step away, you can finally see the true vision of your work. I feel as though its like that with anything in life.Some people can become consumed and frustrated with projects and sometimes eventually give up.It seems as though, more often than not, people tend to give up too quickly and easily. In a way it is sort of baffling, dreams have become disposable to people and it is quite sad. Did Michelangelo give up on the David? Where would our history be with out people and their perseverances?
I've been greatly considering writing a book lately on the history of art. The book that I hope one day, would enlighten the world about the history of our civilization. The only problem with this is,well, I have never finished anything I've started, in my life. This book is ultimately going to be, a true test of my ambition. If I am a true writer like I claim to be, I will finish this dream, my message to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment