Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Magical Uncertainty

I think I have tried everything possible to avoid this statement, "I'm moving in with my mother". Times are tough for a single girl trying to go back to school and this is most defiantly going to be a financial relief for my bank account. Most of my friends have found their significant others and I can't help but think its all for financial stability. It is at this notion that I have to wonder, are we reverting back to the old conventional ways where a man takes care of women? Are women like me financially doomed into moving back home because we refuse to allow ourselves to become dependent on a man? Or even the more important question, will my sex life be put abruptly on hold to prevent the dreaded walk of shame? For a couple weeks now these ideas have been swirling around in my head along with, what is going to happen next?

As one chapter in my life comes to a close, the great uncertainty of the next is starting to gradually unfold. I had just applied to Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, the other uncertainty in my life. A hopeful New York adventure is just waiting for me I can feel it, whether it is via Pratt or something else, this is a dream I've been waiting for since I visited the statue of liberty when I was 9. Like everyone else with the New York dream, I looked at that statue with the same wide eyed wonderment, which filled my head with colorful dreams of endless possibilities. Could it be that New York is going to be the future love of my life?

I am a Boston native it is almost sinful to make the move where the evil Yankees reside. I can only hope that I can resist the urge to convert over to the dark side and conceal my Red Sox obsession. Would it be unothodox to create a yankee/red sox jersey? How would people react to that one? It would be like the ying and yang of sports jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment